Google My Business is a free tool that allows you to promote your business on Google Search and Maps. With your Google My Business account, you can see and connect with your customers, post updates to your Business Profile and see how customers are interacting with your business on Google.
Step 1: Claim your Business Profile
If you haven't already claimed your business listing on Google you can quickly and easily do so HERE. It's as simple as typing in your business name; Google will then allow you to do one of the below:
- Claim and verify your business (if the business is already known and unclaimed)
- Request access from the current owner of the listing (if another person originally claimed it)
- Add your business to Google, then verify it (if it is not already known)
Once you have access to your profile and it has been verified you can freely amend the business info as needed. This includes various attributes like trading times, contact details and location info which is used to assist customers in finding your venue.
Note: If you have multiple locations, you will need to claim each one individually. This is due to the fact that Google's listings are all location based, for Maps etc.
Step 2: Add online ordering to your Business Profile
In addition to the standard profile info, businesses in categories like Restaurant, Cafe, and Bar will have the ability to add a link for customers to Place an Order. This will be surfaced on the listing when customers find you through Google Search and Maps (see example below).
Simply update this field to include your venue menu link (found on my.bopple.com):
- If you have a branded app: yourbrand.bopple.app/menu/[venue-id]
- For standard (unbranded) Bopple listings: bopple.app/menu/[venue-id]