To ensure a seamless transition, there are some important menu setup steps to cover off.
- Step 1: Get your Square menu ready for online use
- Step 2: Connect Square in Bopple
- Step 3: Assign Square Items to "Show Online" and import your menu
Step 1: Get your Square menu is ready for online use
When you connect Square, your existing Bopple menu setup will be discarded and replaced by the Square menu that is imported. To avoid interruptions to service, make sure your Square menu is well setup before proceeding.
In your Square Item Library, you will need to:
- Create Items for all products you want to display in your Bopple online menu
- Ensure all Items are added to a Category
- Use Item Variations for any Items that you sell in different sizes
- Add Modifier Sets for any add-ons, customisations or upsells on your Items
- Add images to Items so your menu is visually appealing to customers
Here are a few articles from the Square Help Centre you might find useful.
- Create and Manage Items and Categories for Restaurants
- Create and Manage Item Modifiers
- Create and Manage Item Options and Variations
See the below example of an Item in Square with all the required settings applied.
Step 2: Connect Square in Bopple Back Office
If your store is connected to another point-of-sale, you'll need to contact us to request that it is disconnected before you can connect with Square.
- Go to Bopple Back Office ➞ Store settings ➞ Integrations and click Connect on Square
- Confirm your Square account and location to finalise the connection
Step 3: Set your Square items to Show Online for Bopple
This step can only be completed once you have connected Square in Back Office.
- Go to Square Dashboard ➞ Items ➞ Item library
- Open an item you want to have imported to Bopple
- Scroll down and enable the attribute called Bopple Show Online
- Repeat this for all products you'd like to have visible online
- Go to Bopple Back Office ➞ Menu ➞ Products ➞ click Import from Square