Bopple provides leading and popular brands and businesses with web and mobile platforms, branded as if their own.
Bopple will do all the heavy lifting to design, develop, deliver and maintain your digital platforms for your customers. But, first we need your help to have Developer permission for the iOS App Store.
Why does my company require a Apple Developer account?
It's your brand and business, not ours, so we must respect this.
In order for Bopple to produce digital platforms in your branding, the owner must own the application. We must have your permission to deliver these for you.
What steps are involved to get started?
Further detail is outlined in the instructions below, but at a high level the process is as follows:
- Locate your DUNS Number (you probably have one already; see details below)
- Create an Apple ID (existing ID can be used, but we suggest using a new one)
- Enrol in the Apple Developer Program using your Apple ID
- Add Bopple as a team member on your Apple Developer Team
- Generate App Store Connect API key
- Notify Bopple of completion to confirm the business name on your account
Read on for a detailed walk through of the process.
Step 1: Locate your DUNS number
This will be required when enrolling in the Developer Program.
The D-U-N-S Numbering system is a widely recognised standard for identifying businesses among thousands of companies, marketplaces and regulatory entities. Companies worldwide use the D-U-N-S Number to link information about suppliers, customers and trading partners, providing a more complete picture of the risk and opportunity in their business relationships.
- If you have an ABN you will already have a DUNS number; look it up HERE
- If you do not have a DUNS number, you can request one HERE
- If you do not have a DUNS number, you can request one HERE
- There is also 14 day waiting period after being granted a DUNS number
Businesses in other countries:
- DUNS Number applications are managed by each country individually.
- Go here and select the country your business is listed in.
- On the above website, select the option to find your company DUNS number.
Step 2: Creating an Apple ID
Note: You may use an existing Apple ID if you have one and skip this step. Bopple recommends creating a separate Apple ID for this, unless you already have a Apple ID enrolled into the Apple Developer Program
Creating an account is very easy. You just need to follow a few steps:
- Go to https://developer.apple.com
- Click Account in the top right corner
- Click Create Apple ID
- You'll be asked to fill out the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- 3 Security Questions
- Do not check to receive marketing messages (unless you'd like to)
- Complete the CAPTCHA
- You will be emailed a verification code
- Once you receive your code enter the code into the code into the pop up box requiring it
Step 3: Enrolling in the Developer Program
Already have a Developer membership for the App Store?
If you already have an existing Apple ID that has already been enrolled into the Apple Developer Program then skip this step.
After you've created your Apple ID you need to enrol into the developer program by going through the following steps:
Note: Before starting enrolment, you will need to ensure your Apple ID has 2-Factor Authentication enabled.
If you are using a new Apple ID you will need to set this up. You will need to sign out of your preferred Apple ID on your device, then sign in with the new ID to enable 2FA. Once enabled, you can switch back to your preferred Apple ID (eg. your personal Apple ID). More info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915
- Click Start Enrollment at the bottom of the page.
- For the I Develop Apps As question you must select Company / Organization (enrolling as an individual will not allow you to invite others as a developer team member; you must enrol as a company / organisation - more info below)
- Fill out the requested company information accurately
- When asked for a DUNS number, enter your DUNS number
- Enter the CAPTCHA and submit
- Complete $99 USD payment for the developer license
- Your enrolment application has been submitted, and is pending approval
- Initially you will receive a confirmation email from Apple:
"We’ve received your enrolment request. Once we verify that you have the authority to bind your organisation to Apple Developer Program legal agreements, we’ll email you with instructions on how to complete your enrolment."
- The approval process can take a few days. Apple will email you again once your enrolment application has been approved. Once you receive that, continue on to Step 4 below.
Step 4: Adding Bopple to your Developer Team
In order for Bopple to submit an app on your behalf, we will need to be added as an admin to your developer team. Apple has made this very easy!
There are two steps to this; creating and inviting the user, and then granting access to app status reports.
A. Create and Invite Bopple as a User
- Go to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/access/users and sign-in
- Click the blue + next to Users in the left hand side.
- In the modal that appears, enter the following information:
- First Name: Bopple
- Last Name: Technologies
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ⚠️ Important to use this exact address.
- Under Roles, check the box for Admin
- Under Developer Resources, check the box for Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles
- Click Invite and a team invite will be sent to us at Bopple for acceptance.
B. Add "Access to App Status Reports"
- Click on the email@example.com user to open the user details pop-up
- Under "App Status Reports" change the setting to "Yes".
- Click "Save" in the top right corner to confirm.
Step 5: Generating App Store Connect API key
Bopple will use this to automate the process of keeping your app up to date with fixes and improvements.
Se here for a visual guide of this step: Generating App Store Connect API key
- Log in to App Store Connect
Select Users and Access from the main menu page
Select the Keys tab, and the select App Store Connect API in the left side menu
Click the Add (+) button
Enter a name for the key. The name is for your reference only and is not part of the key itself (eg. Bopple App Developers)
Under Access, select Admin as the role for the key
The new key's name, key ID, a download link, and other information appears on the page.
DO NOT download the API key
API keys can only be downloaded once. Our team will securely download this from the App Store Connect dashboard. If you download it, we will not be able to and you will have to repeat the above process.
Step 6: Notify the Bopple team
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the business you're operating your developer account with, confirming you have added our team as an admin user and generated the API key ready for download.
Congratulations, you're all done! Our team will have an email from Apple to accept.