Learn all you need to know about how to control what your customer-facing online menu looks like
- Control which parts of your menu are imported to Bopple
- Arrange your online menu for customer display
- How and when your menu gets synced
- Advanced menu controls in Bopple
Control what parts of your menu get imported
Bopple looks at two settings when it is importing your menu for display online. Bopple will import any products that are set to Show Online, and are set to be available for the site connected to your store.
Lightspeed Show Online
- This setting is found in Lightspeed Back Office ➞ Products ➞ Online Products ➞ Modify tab. If you don't see the Online Products option at the top of your Products page, go here and enable the hidden setting.
- Here you can control which categories, products, option sets and options are shown online, using the checkboxes on the right of each item.
- The settings you apply here will apply across ALL SITES in your Lightspeed company. If you need to adjust site-specific availability, read below.
Lightspeed Site Availability
This setting is relevant if you have multiple locations/sites, and have certain products that aren't sold at all locations. You can manage this in two places.
- Lightspeed Back Office ➞ Products ➞ open product ➞ Product Management ➞ Sites
- Lightspeed Back Office ➞ My Site ➞ Site Products ➞ "Enable for site"
Arrange your online menu for customer display
There are a few different aspects to controlling the display of your online menu.
Head to Lightspeed Back Office ➞ Products
- Add product images
- Manage product and option pricing
- Control which sites your products are available at (as mentioned above)
Head to Lightspeed Back Office ➞ Online Products
- Set categories, products, option sets and options to show online or not show online
- Add customer friendly name (overrides) to all items
- Arrange your categories into your desired sort order
- Arrange products into your desired sort order within categories
Dive in to Bopple Back Office...
- Arrange your categories into Food and Drink groups (via Menu ➞ Categories)
- Arrange your option sets into your desired sort order (via Menu ➞ Modifiers)
- Arrange your options into your desired sort order (via Menu ➞ Modifiers)
How and when your menu is synced
You can manually import your menu to Bopple at any time to sync the latest changes from Lightspeed. The Bopple system also triggers automatic imports once a day, and based on a few other events.
More info ➞ Importing your menu from Lightspeed Kounta
Advanced menu control settings in Bopple
Dynamic menus by order type
If you'd like to customise and control what parts of your menu are offered depending on whether your customer chooses to order for dine-in, pick-up or delivery, take a look at the guide below.
More info ➞ Control menu availability based on order type
Dynamic menus by order type
If you'd like to offer different parts of your menus at different times of day, like breakfast, lunch and dinner, or happy hours etc, take a look at the guide below.
More info ➞ Control menu availability based time and day