If orders aren't printing from your POS, you may be experiencing a network or configuration issue. Follow these steps to resolve the problem.
Bopple Orders Manager will give you instant information on what might be causing your pass-thru printing to fail. The solution will vary depending on what you see in Orders Manager.
Order has a POS error
👉 Go to Managing orders with POS errors
Orders with POS errors could not be received by your POS platform ("in the cloud") due to an error or outage in the POS system. These orders will not print.
Order has a Pass-Thru failure
[Lightspeed Kounta only]
👉 Go to Resolving POS offline issues
These orders were successfully received by your POS platform ("in the cloud"), but pass-thru printing failed as your pass-thru register was offline or unavailable when the order was placed. Once your register is online, you will need to manually accept these orders to print them.
Order doesn't have any error or warning
These orders were successfully created in your POS platform ("in the cloud"), and your normal POS printing should have worked. If it did not, review the steps below.
1. Is Pass-Thru Printing properly enabled?
This Lightspeed feature needs to be enabled in both Lightspeed and in Bopple
👉 See Get started with Lightspeed Pass-Thru Printing
2. Is your printer setup properly?
- Printer is turned on and has paper
- Printer door is properly closed
- Printer is connected however it usually is
3. Are your POS products assigned to the printer?
If you are using Lightspeed Production Printing (aka "Kitchen Printing") to control which products print and where, you must correctly assign your products to printers. For further assistance with your Lightspeed Production Printing setup, see the Lightspeed Help Centre
👉 Go to Lightspeed Help Centre
Still need help with your POS printers?
Bopple does not control your POS printers. Seek further assistance from your POS provider.
Lightspeed Kounta POS
👉 Troubleshoot Lightspeed printing
Bopple does not communicate directly with your register or printer
- Bopple creates orders in your POS platform, "in the cloud"
- Bopple is not involved in getting the order from the POS platform down to your POS device. This final step is solely dependent on:
- Your internet connection and networking on-site
- Your device that is being used for the POS and it's settings
- Your POS app and your POS provider's tech